Q.What are the modes of engagement that MMS will undertake?
- We are flexible in the modes of engagement that we will undertake.
- We can augment your in-house design and implementation capability on an hourly design services engagement.
- We can develop custom IP to fit your requirements, on a fixed-price basis with no royalties. Some of these payments can be made on the basis of milestones and can also be back-end loaded depending on the final success of your products.
- We can license our IP on a per-use or perpetual basis.
- The bottom line is, we are flexible and will try to engage in a mutually beneficial manner that is consistent with your business needs and constraints.
Q.What are typical deliverables that MMS can provide?
- MMS will provide all of the deliverables required to integrate our IP into your design. In addition, we can also generate such deliverables for other third-party IP that is missing said deliverables. We deliver GDS, Spice netlists for verification, Liberty files, CEL views, data-sheets, application notes (where applicable), behavioral Verilog models (if needed) and will continue to work with our customers to help integrate our IP into their designs. Customer support is a very high priority to us and our goal is to ensure first-pass silicon success for our customers.
Q.With regards to the behavioral Verilog models, what do you mean by "Accuracy of models can be altered"?
- MMS can generate behavioral models of Analog / Mixed-Signal circuits that duplicate circuit behavior with very good accuracy to be useful in architecture development situations and for doing Mixed-Mode simulations. In most systems, even the very accurate models do not slow down the simulations significantly. However, for certain systems with a sizeable Analog content, the accuracy can be reduced to speed up regression tests, while retaining accuracy for the functional verification simulations.
Q.We have some IP that needs to be ported to a different technology, is that something MMS would undertake?
Q.Would MMS be willing to characterize our IP for us and generate liberty files?
Q.Would MMS be willing to analyze our IP or IP that we plan to acquire from a third party and provide feedback?
Yes, so long as all the contracts and legal approvals are in place to allow MMS to do so.